VDV Map Master 2.0
VDV MapMaster 2.0 combines continuity testing, mapping, tone generator and length measurement functions in a single tester. Capable of identifying and mapping up to 19 locations. Whether your jobs are commercial or residential, the versatility & added features of the VDV MapMaster2.0 makes it an installer’s best friend!
– Measures length of entire cable and individual wire pairs
– Measures distance to an open
– Tests Voice(6 wire), Data(8 wire), and Video (coax) cables.
– Test and indicates shorts / opens / reversals / miswires / split pairs
– Display “Pass” icon for correctly wired TIA568A/B and crossover/uplink.
– Display “Pass” icon for correctly wired 6-pin telephone plus “Rev” for reverse-pinned.
– Maps up to 19 locations at a time
– Tone Generator
– Display length reading in ft or m
– Video and data cables can be connected at the same time to improve efficiency
– Low battery icon indicator
– Voltage detection warning icon
– LOOP ON – continuous test mode for intermittent problems
– Master Ports and Master Remote removal
SMART Remote Kit(Optional)
Combine this kit with your VDV MapMaster 2.0 to both ‘Test’ & ‘Map/ID’ up to eight drops/locations simultaneously. Maximize efficiency and save time, by eliminating the need to walk back & forth to test sites.
– Test & Map/ID simultaneously
– Cat7,Cat6A,Cat53,Cat5,Cat4,Cat3 Cables
– Shield and unshield cables
– Remote ID #2~8 works on UTP/STP cables
|Cable Type||Shield or Unshield ; Cat7 / Cat6A / Cat5e / Cat5 / Cat4 / Cat3 / Coax|
|Measurement Technology||Capacitance Testing|
|Maximum Length Measurement||610 meters Cat 5e with 15 pF/ft length constant|
|Length Accuracy||Without Length Constant Accuracy : ± 3% plus ± 30 cm|
|Maximum Length for Testing||RJ Cables : 305 meters
Coax Cables : 275 meters ~ 42000 meters (Cable Resistance Varies )
|Minimum Length for Split Pairs Detection||0.5 meters|
|Maximum Voltage||Between any two connector pins without damage:
– RJ Jack: 66V DC or 55V AC
– F Connector: 50V DC or AC
|Dimension||16.3cm x 7.1cm x 3.6cm|
|Weight||256 grams with battery and remote|
|Operating Temperature||0˚C to 50˚C|
|Humidity||10% to 90%, non-condensing|
|Battery Life||9V alkaline battery typical
– Standby: 4 years
– Active: 425 hours
- Network and Telephone Testing/ID Remote: #2-8